Monday, December 6, 2010

Review: NYX round lipstick


I purchased this NYX lipstick in Celebrate a while back, so I've actually used it a couple of times already. I think it's time for a review.

Info and claims from nyxcosmetics.com :
"A velvet-textured lipstick formulated with mineral oils to provide moisturizing benefits and rich colors. NYX's top selling lipstick, the Round Lipstick offers long-lasting, non-smudging color."

Retail price: $4.00

My thoughts:
I appreciate lipsticks that show the color on the tube, it makes it quicker to locate the shade I am looking for. NYX's round lipsticks show the color on the bottom part. The packaging is nice - cute and simple design, easy to use. When applied, the color and consistency comes out very nice and smooth. Celebrate has a red-ish color with orange shimmer tint on top [I'm so horrible at describing colors!]. It's a very bold color. The product stays on very nicely. I've eaten and taken sips of water from a straw while wearing this lipstick and it stays on for over 5-6 hours. I would say about 30% of the lipstick color wears off after eating. I do not notice too much dryness during use of this lipstick, very moisturizing, as a matter of fact.


Would I recommend it?
Yes, definitely! I love it! I will be going back for more colors.

Have you tried this lipstick before? Any colors you would recommend for me for my next purchase?

10 comments:

  1. It's a gorgeous color! I can't believe it's only $4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its such a pretty shade :) thanks for sharing ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i saw the shade I wasn't sure about it, till I saw the color on your lips and that's a great color!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour!!! It looks great on your lips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! You should definitely give it a try, it's very fun and BOLD :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. On Amazon.com, they're available for around $2 ... I almost bought 6 of them last night!! Now I'm thinking I should have gone for it. Hmmm ... merry Christmas to me, from me? ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I've been wanting to try their Round Lipsticks for the longest time. When I first tried NYX, I placed an order for like a bazillion of their Black Label lipsticks but not for any of the Round ones. =( Will try soon when I get the chance!

    Following you back btw. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried their lipsticks yet, but I've been meaning to.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That color looks truly pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback, but please don't spam me with your blog links. Thank you for stopping by today!