Thursday, September 6, 2012

Review: Almay Moisturizing eye make up remover pads


My thoughts and experience:  
I've been needing another eye make up remover, so when CVS has a sale on these, I decided to give it a try. Almay moisturizing eye make up remover pads come in a bottle of 80 pre-soaked pads, which makes them really convenient if you're traveling. They're completely fragrant free and hypoallergenic. The pads have a very greasy and oily feel to them. I'm not sure if this is the moisturizing property of it(?)


I only use them at night because I would definitely have to wash off the oily residue left behind. I do find that oil based eye make up removers take off makeup easier and are more gentle on the eyes. I had no issues with these on my eyes as a contact lens wearer. I use one pad to remove eye make up on both eyes. It takes off eyeshadow, water proof mascara and eyeliner too with ease.

Overall, I think it does an amazing job removing make up with ease. I really wish it wasn't so oily. If you're looking for something to take off eye make up at the end of the day, I would recommend these. They're so cheap too! I bought the oil free ones too, I can't wait to try them out.

 [before]

[after]

Ingredients: Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Retail Price: Starting at $4.99

Where to buy:  Most mass retailers and drugstores, www.drugstore.com

Have you tried this eye make up remover? Do you have a favorite drugstore one that you use?

Disclaimer: This product was purchased by me. I am not affiliated with the company, nor was I paid to do this review.  All reviews on SiSi Sparkles are my honest opinion, whether it was purchased or provided. See full disclaimer here.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Never miss a post, subscribe to SiSi Sparkles by e-mail. Join me on Facebook or tweet me, I'm on Twitter too!

8 comments:

  1. I never used that before. I use Garnier or ponds moist toweletts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need something to take off my mascara. It's such a pain at night. I have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look and sound great! i would love to give it a try. :)

    <3, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try and let me know what you think Mimi!

      Delete
  4. good to hear that these doesn't hurt your eyes. I used a similar makeup remover pads before but it sting my eyes a lot~ =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've tried another brand that sting my eyes too. These are excellent!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback, but please don't spam me with your blog links. Thank you for stopping by today!