Monday, August 27, 2012

Review: Gap nail polish - Mint


My thoughts and experience:  
I just recently discovered that GAP sold nail polish, did you know that?? I finally gave in and got one, because I had a $5 GAP gift card that I received from an app called Wrapp. Anyway, so I only ended up paying $1 for this!


The bottle is super cute, it's like a squaval with a shiny top. I was a little surprised about the brush because it felt really cheap, was fatter than most, and bristles poked out some. A little bit disappointing, I was expecting a little more from GAP.  But nonetheless, I digress.


The formula dries really fast and the scent was not very strong (always good in my book!). The color is a simple, clean, opaque and creme mint color.  Even one coat was fully opaque, but because because of the brush, the formula seemed to streak and drag. I applied another coat along with a top coat to even it out.
My manicure lasted about 5 days before I saw the first chip!

Overall, I like the formula and color alot, but the brush killed it for me. For me, it's a 50/50 because of that issue.

Ingredients:

Retail Price: $6

Where to buy: Gap stores

Have you tried any of the GAP nail polish and what did you think??

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Never miss a post, subscribe to SiSi Sparkles by e-mail. Join me on Facebook or tweet me, I'm on Twitter too!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, 5 days without a chip? That's a shame about the brush though... Never knew GAP had nail polish either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yupyup! I did have a base coat and top coat though.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks:)
      and it was only $1 cuz of the $5 gift card that I used.

      Delete
  3. What a bummer about the brush :( I do love the color, tho! And the bottle is really cute (and fits well in drawers lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that GAP had a nail polish. I never buy nail polish from companies who aren't really in the cosmetics business. I just always have a fear that it won't be great because that isn't where most of their energy goes. It's a nice color though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the prettiest colour! It looks gorgeous on your nails. Sounds very long wearing and chip resistant as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback, but please don't spam me with your blog links. Thank you for stopping by today!