Sunday, August 12, 2012

My first jelly sandwich manicure

I kept seeing gorgeous "jelly sandwich" manicures on Carolina's Instagram (@carolingq), so I just had to try it out for myself! I've never been fond of these gel type nail polish because it takes so many coats to get a desired color. But... what I didn't realize is that you can "sandwich" some glitter in the middle and it becomes a pretty manicure! Check it out.
 [with flash]

 [natural light]

I used one coat of OPI base coat, followed by one coat of Rimmel London's Sunset Orange. Then, one coat of Essie's Stroke of Brilliance. Then again with one coat of Rimmel London's Sunset Orange!!

Here, I applied Essie's Matte About You as a topcoat and BAM!

Products used:

How have I never thought to do this before? I have a new love for jelly nail polish <3

Have you guys tried jelly sandwich manicures?
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Never miss a post, subscribe to SiSi Sparkles by e-mail. Join me on Facebook or tweet me, I'm on Twitter too!

10 comments:

  1. Yay!! You did and excellent job Sisi. I love the colors you used for this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! You're such an inspiration:) and I'm so glad it turned out so well.

      Delete
  2. Pretty I like the colors you chose hun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :D I don't have alot of jelly nail polish, so it was hard to find one.

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing this jellyfish idea popping up all over the place as of late. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you gotta try it, it's amazing how it turns out! And you never really know what it would look like until you put that last coat on, lol.

      Delete
  4. aww.. this manicure is too cute.. I guess I'll give it a try too!! :)

    http://fabiliscious.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This looks AMAZING! Love love love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback, but please don't spam me with your blog links. Thank you for stopping by today!